Pages

Wednesday 23 October 2013

Hip Flexors: Stretch 2

Alright, so I'd like to present you with another one of my favourite hip flexor stretch. I find this one super effective, shows me how tight my hips really are, and really helps me stretch it out. 

http://www.shape.com/blogs/ready-set-race/knee-pain-and-running-guest-blogger-marisa-dadamo

This is basically a variation of the lunge where you'll get an awesome stretch down the front of your leg.

How to
1. Start in a kneeling position with one leg in front of you with your thigh parallel to the ground and your knee and ankle aligned. 
2. Have your other leg stretch out behind you with your knee bent and on the ground. 
3. Roll your shoulders down and shoulder blades back with your hands on your hips. 
4. Finally tuck your butt under and push your torso forward. 

You will feel the stretch down the flexor of your leg which is along the ground. Hold for 30-45 seconds and repeat on the other side!

No comments: