Pages

Wednesday 2 October 2013

Hip Series Coming Soon!

Hey guys!

So do any of my lovely readers have tight hip flexors like me? Sitting for even an hour cause you AGONY? Constantly trying to stretch out your hips? Your pain is normally down the front of your hips NOT the side?

http://srcpt.blogspot.ca/2008/12/hip-flexor-mechanism.htmlIf you answered yes to any of these a) I feel your pain, and b) I am going to address this issue and hopefully come up with a permanent solution. 

I know I experience this partly due to running- a constant forward motion activity easily puts strain on your flexors. This pain sometimes goes hand in hand with IT band pain, which you can feel down the outside of your knees and lower back.

It is absolutely essential to warm up and do dynamic stretches before you workout. Afterwards it is super important you stretch it out to minimize pain.

While stretching can help reduce this pain, why wouldn't we try and avoid it in the first place?! You can get away from constant pain by strengthening your flexors, and this is my long-term goal. 

Stay posted for different stretches and exercises I'll be bringing to you this month to help your hips!

Happy October Readers

No comments: